Saturday, May 16, 2009

The End of Suffering

"Questers for secrets of the universe are generally channels of Spirit - caring, gentle souls, lovers of creation, children of the one true God. But when it comes to relationships, we are about as dumb as the next person."

I'm still a little hung-up on the quote from the last post. More specifically, I suppose, I'm hung-up on what that quote must be saying about the self/other dichotomy.

Full-disclosure: I'm currently doubting the wisdom of anyone who claims the inherent unity of self and other. Either that, or I am doubting my understanding of the way in which the words 'self', 'other', and 'unity' are being used.

If you've read what I've written in the past three years, then you know that, based on my experiences, I believe that...

1) We are connected to each other in some way, which can permit one person to experience the thoughts, emotions, and physical sensations of another.

2) Such events tend to function as a transference of information, rather than a simultaneous sharing of the experience.

3) What one person experiences can be heavily influenced by the Will of another, who has more of an effect upon the selected outcome.

Now, you can argue that, from a mystical/metaphysical standpoint, I remain in the dark about the true nature of the relationship between self and other. Great! Kindly explain it to me so that I no longer have to suffer. (Oh yes, other people can still make me angry, sad, and afraid.)

You see, even though I am convinced of our ability to connect to each other in that nonlocal way that everyone loves to mock, such experiences seem to reinforce the idea that the other is real, is complex beyond anything I could create, and is not me.

Searching 'nonduality' in the library system's catalogue brought up exactly one hit - The End of Suffering, by Russell Targ and J.J. Hurtak. (chuckle) Targ is a well-known ESP researcher, so perhaps this book will address that issue.

I've requested the book. I'm now tempted to grumble about which is more difficult - trying to understand physics, or trying to understand metaphysics...

(I checked for "An Introduction to Awareness", but they didn't have it. Thanks for the suggestion though; I may end up ordering it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment